Sunday, March 23, 2008

Its Blogs all the Way!

Dear Reader,
This is my 50th post on this blog. And I want to thank you for your valuable reading time and some really insightful comments on the same. I will dedicate this blog to refering to some interesting blogs that have come my way in the recent past.
At this juncture I want to point out an observation that I made about blogs in general. That they are (apart from being the most advanced form of communication) valuable sources of detecting the general pulse of public opinion. While some topics receive extra attention some are just touch and go. You will appreciate this if you have been browsing the 'Hot Keywords' at Blogscope (http://www.blogscope.net/). While traditional media like the TV or the newspaper relies mainly on what "they" think is important to communicate, blogs in general tell us what people all over "like" and would like to opine about.
I leave you with this thought and a few interesting blogs that I have enjoyed reading.
That's all for now. Happy reading (and Blogging of course!)
Best wishes
Krishna Prashanth
(kplogs)
7.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on completing your 50th blog!!

It is the time for bloggers now.

I had read sometime back that a lady's blog on traffic control was implemented in Mumbai for traffic control. She had written about one day which will be a "no vehicle day" which got an overwhelming response. It was decided to implement her idea once every month.

So, I think that you should now start writing about some prevalent social issues, and ofcourse give your suggestions to mitigate and improve the same. This is the need of the hour.

There are a lot of problems around us. If you can take up one issue at a time and give your suggestions to curb it, there will be nothing like it. You can maybe write about traffic in bangalore, child marriage, children forcibly trained to become naxals esp in villages of bihar,corruption, kidney racket, global warming, anti smoking, crowded local trains, pollution, drugs, child labour , right to primary education,and many more.

These are all some of the issues that have to be addressed.

We cannot keep waiting for the politicians or beaurocrats to act. It is our country and we have to be responsible, come what may.

Hari said...

Congrats Dear son On Your 50th blog completion It is like Tendulkar fist 50 runs carry your pen to make many nice article and give to world . we are happy!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations.

I must say that the first thing I look up in my google reader is whether there is update from your blog.

Keep writing.

AA said...

Hey..KP...Thanks a lot for adding my blog in your favourite list. I am really overwhelmed as I regard myself as a novice in this field. Also congrats for completing 50 posts..And please hit your century soon!!! I enjoy going through your blog...you write about wide range of topics. Carry onnn!!!

vijayan said...

I have really enjoyed reading your
blogs, for two reasons. One for the informative value and two for the way think of the happennings around them.
I do realise now that comments on the posts really provide one the knowledge how people with some generation gap think.

The most important think ofcourse is the opportunity it provides one to voice their opinion instantly.

Your blogs are no doubt passing some informative and interesting news value.

Congratulations and hoping to see more posts

vijayan.

Abi said...

Hi! Thanks for adding me on your favourites' list; it feels really wonderful.

Congratulations on your 50th post. I have your blog on my Google Reader, so I can discover interesting new things here ...